Skip to product information
1 of 1

Iron & Rose

Envinate, Benje Blanco, Tenerife, Spain

Regular price £30.75 GBP
Regular price Sale price £30.75 GBP
Sale Sold out
Tax included.

Envínate (aka wine-yourself) is the brainchild of Laura Ramos, Jose Martínez, Roberto Santana and Alfonso Torrente, four friends who met while studying oenology at the University of Miguel Hernández in Alicante. They focus on exploring the ancient, Atlantic-influenced terruños of Ribeira Sacra, The Canary Islands and Almansa. Their philosophy is simple: let each parcel fully express itself through traditional farming and wine-making methods.

Right now there are four different projects under the Envínate umbrella: Lousas overseen by Alfonso Torrente in Ribeira Sacra, Táganan and Benje by Roberto Santana in Tenerife, and Albahra in Almansa by Laura Ramos and José Martínez.

The Benje wines are taken from small plots on the volcanic slopes of Tenerife, the blanco coming from the northwest of the island from vineyards in Santiago del Teide. Each parcel is vinified separately with 75% of the grapes being pressed directly and the other 25% being left on skins for up to 40 days. Then split 60/40 between concrete and french barrique to age for 6 months on fine lees. Unfiltered and without any added sulphur. 

An intriguing volcanic white with racing acidity, zippy olive brine and smoky notes.

Producer - Envinate, Roberto Santana
Country - Spain
Region - Tenerife
Appellation - Ycoden-Daute-Isora
Variety / Blend - Listan Blanco
Wine Style - White Wine
Farming - Organic